- Allocations Details Website – Provides allocation amounts for salaried employees that can be viewed by EID, account number, and unit.
- Allocation Details Training Resources – Links to documentation and other resources.
- Salary and Fringe Reports - GB2 Training – Training document detailing the features available for GB2 account balance reports. Requires GB2 access.
- GB2 in FRMS - Link to the web view format of GB2 available in FRMS. Requires GB2 access.
- Salary and Fringe Reports - Year Over Year Comparison Training – Training document that details how to run the Year Over Year Comparison and Single Fiscal Year (including encumbrances) Reports.
- Year Over Year Comparison in FRMS – Online report that shows salary and fringe expenditure activity balances at the sub-account level for the current and past three fiscal years.
- Overview of Encumbrances with Workday HCM – A diagram of the flow of financial transactions between Workday and DEFINE related to encumbrances.
- Differences Between Encumbrances with Workday and Encumbrances Before Workday – Describes how encumbrances are calculated in Workday and how encumbrances were calculated in the legacy system, pre-Workday.
- New Encumbrance Issue in FY 19/20 – Describes issue and provides example of additional encumbrance and disencumbrances transactions related to retroactive transactions impacting period between 9/1/2019 through 8/31/2020 and impact accounting..
- Issues Related to Encumbrances – (Spreadsheet) A synopsis of open and fixed issues related to encumbrances and the bridge between Workday HCM/Payroll and the mainframe legacy financial system, DEFINE.
- Guidance for Costing Compensation Plans with Mid-month End Dates – Describes the issues and examples of mitigation options demonstrated in the scenarios spreadsheet (linked below).
- Updated Mid-Month Encumbrance Issue Scenarios – The spreadsheet companion to the mid-month end date guidance document (linked above), which provides Workday data entry examples for mitigation options.
Stop Gap Accounts
- Instructions on Processing a Cost Transfer for Activity on a Stopgap Account – Step-by-step training for processing a cost transfer after you’ve determined what caused the charges to a Stopgap Account.
- How to Determine the Cause of Unexpected Stopgap Account Activity – Step-by-step training troubleshooting why a Stopgap Account has been charged.
Retro-Active Costing Changes
- Guidance for Prior Year Funding Changes – Advice for processing prior-year changes in Workday regarding the risks and impact considerations and unchanged retro cost transfer information.