Members of the Council of University Business Officers (CUBO) help shape the strategic and operational directions for The University of Texas at Austin. It is charged with decision making, leadership, and building consensus for campus business operations.
The Council of University Business Officers is guided by the following principles.
- We recognize and embrace our role as leaders and stewards who are accountable for balancing institutional risk with business effectiveness and efficiencies, improving business practices (including policy, processes, and support), considering optimal resource utilization and implementing appropriate controls.
- We act professionally, with integrity and hold ourselves accountable to each other and the institution for the integrity of the university functions we oversee or govern.
- We value active engagement and communication with each other and will foster engagement and communication in our units and throughout campus appropriately.
- We seek to look creatively at issues we are addressing and consider innovative approaches to addressing these issues.
- We work collaboratively to meet our collective financial and administrative needs in service of the broader mission of The University of Texas at Austin.
- We consider what is in the best interest of the University, rather than our local Colleges, Schools and Units, and align our decisions with the Vision and Mission of the University.
- We consider how our decisions and efforts add value to the University in ways that improve service internally and externally.
Chaired by the Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (CFO), CUBO is comprised of staff who are accountable for balancing institutional risk with business effectiveness and efficiencies to improve business practices, consider optimal resource utilization, and implement proper controls for the University.
- Chief Business Officers for each College, School, or Portfolio
- Directors or AVPs from each of the business processing units that report to the Senior Vice President and CFO
The full council holds weekly meetings, on call of the chair. Other CUBO meetings or its appointed committees are convened as needed to provide appropriate decision making, leadership and guidance for campus business operations.