The University of Texas at Austin is seeking an Associate Vice President of Facilities Planning and Management.
The University of Texas at Austin is a public research university in Austin, Texas. It is one of the largest public universities in the United States and is the flagship institution of The University of Texas System. The university is also home to a new and growing medical campus, which has been charged with transforming healthcare for the region and state. UT Austin is made up of 18 schools and colleges, including the new Dell Medical School.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, the Associate Vice President for Facilities Planning and Management will oversee an expanded portfolio, which includes duties of the Associate Vice President for Campus Planning and Project Management, plus oversight for Facilities Services. This combined group has 921 FTEs and responsibility for more than 24.6 million square feet of building space for everything from routine maintenance/groundskeeping to capital improvement projects in excess of $300 million. The AVP will provide strategic leadership and coordination throughout the groups to ensure alignment of projects and initiatives to the university’s goals and portfolio values of stewardship, teamwork, innovation, diversity, integrity and service.
Search Committee Members
- Sharon Wood, Dean, Cockrell School of Engineering (chair)
- Dean Appling, Associate Dean, College of Natural Sciences
- Darren Hale, Director, Facilities Services
- Arthur Johnson, Executive Senior Associate Athletic Director, Intercollegiate Athletics
- Allan Shearer, Associate Dean for Research and Technology, School of Architecture
- Larry Singell, Senior Vice Provost for Resource Management
- Jill Stewart, Associate Director, Project Management and Construction Services
- Marilyn Tyus, Assistant Vice President, University Housing and Dining
- Michael Uyeda, Associate Director, Capital Planning and Construction