14.4. CASH PRIZES
A. Payment of Cash Prizes
Cash prizes awarded to individuals, universities, or companies must be processed using the FRMS Awards System. The following documentation must be sent to the Office of Accounting in order for the cash prize to receive final approval:
- Documentation about the competition such as a contest flyer, printed Web page, etc.
- A documented list of winners
- A printed copy of the scholarship document cover sheet
Note: See restrictions below for work-related cash prizes paid to employees.
Send all documentation to one of the following:
Scholarship Desk, UTA 3.302, D9600
- The purchase of merchandise prizes cannot be processed through the FRMS Scholarship/Fellowship System; they must be processed on a *DEFINE VP1 or VP2 document.
- If an employee receives an award related to the performance of job duties, the award cannot be processed through the FRMS Scholarship/Fellowship System.
For more information about how to process these types of payments, see the Handbook of Business Procedures, 9.1.1. Entertainment and Official Occasion Expenses, Section E.
Part 14. Scholarships, Fellowships, and Cash Prizes - Table of Contents