7.1. INTRODUCTION AND RESOURCES
The University of Texas at Austin Purchasing Office assists departments with procuring goods and services to sustain, foster, and support the educational and research missions of the university.
The Purchasing Office operates within the Office of the Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, under the direction of the director of procurement and payment services. The Purchasing Staff is comprised of the assistant director of purchasing, along with a team of buyers and support staff.
The Purchasing Office is located in Suite 3.302 of the UTA building and is open from 8 a.m.‐5 p.m., Monday-Friday, excluding university holidays.
B. Overview of Purchasing Office Functions
The Purchasing Office performs the following primary tasks:
- Facilitates the procurement of goods and services to support the research, programs, and activities of the university
- Uses best practices to obtain the highest quality equipment, supplies, and services at the least total cost
- Develops strategic supplier relationships
- Processes formal competitive solicitations and other complex procurements
- Negotiates terms and conditions with suppliers
- Ensures compliance with university, The University of Texas System, the state of Texas, and federal laws, rules, and procedures
- Reviews and processes software licenses for the university
Part 7. Purchasing - Table of Contents