In This Issue:
- Upcoming Financial Systems Training Revealed
- Payment Options for CSUs Reviewed
- Workday Financials Training Website Renamed to Job Costing
- In Case You Missed It: New Allocation Details Tool Now Available
- Submit Newsletter Feedback and Article Suggestions to AFM@austin.utexas.edu
Upcoming Financial Systems Training Revealed
Accounting and Financial Management and Enterprise Business IT Solutions (eBITS) are facilitating a new series of Financial Systems Training. Each session will be held in the AVAYA Auditorium (POB 2.302) and will also be livestreamed. The class schedule is as follows:
- Feb. 12, 2020 at 9-11 a.m. – UT Accounting - Overview
- Feb. 26, 2020 at 2-4 p.m. – UT Accounting - Applications
- Mar. 4, 2020 at 9-11 a.m. – Electronic Office Management (EOM), Basics
- Mar. 25, 2020 at 2-4 p.m. – Electronic Office Management (EOM), Advanced
- April 8, 2020 at 9-11 a.m. – Travel Documents
For more information on each session, please visit the Financial Systems Training Sessions page.
Payment Options for CSUs Reviewed
A recent presentation to the Council of University Business Officers (CUBO) reviewed the options available to receive payments for events, sales, conferences and more. Payment options currently include cash and check, automated clearing house (ACH), wire transfers and credit cards.
The presentation focused on credit cards and their methods for acceptance which include the following:
- Web interfaces – Examples: TXShop, Cvent, third party vendors
- Departmentally owned swipe terminals
- Swipe terminal available for loan from Accounting and Financial Management
- Credit card terminal available in Accounting and Financial Management for one-time or occasional transactions
As a reminder, the credit card compliance team must be consulted prior to entering into any contract or agreement with a company to accept credit cards. The credit card team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workday Financials Training Website Renamed to Job Costing
To prevent confusion with other UT systems, the Financials training page on the Workday website was renamed to Job Costing. The page also received edits to archive outdated material and highlight relevant material. Users looking for further information about financial transactions, including Salary and Fringe (GB2), Allocation Details, Encumbrances, and Stop Gap Accounts can visit the Workday Financial Transaction Guidance page on the Financial and Administrative Services website.
In Case You Missed It: New Allocation Details Tool Now Available
Allocation Details provide allocation amounts for salaried employees that can be viewed by EID, account number, and unit. It combines Workday compensation plans, costing allocations, scheduled weekly hours, payroll actuals and encumbrances with unit data from DEFINE. Read the previous newsletter to learn more about this.
Submit Newsletter Feedback and Article Suggestions to AFM@austin.utexas.edu
Many thanks to the readers who have written in with suggestions and feedback about the newsletter. Please continue to write in with any suggestions for improvements or comments to the AFM@austin.utexas.edu email address.