FAS Appreciation Event less than 2 weeks away
Dear FAS colleagues,
The FAS Appreciation Event is just around the corner, and I’m looking forward to seeing you in person. The events—both daytime and evening to accommodate all employee shifts—will be held June 30 in the Shirley Bird Perry Ballroom at the Texas Union.
In addition to refreshments, we are planning a number of wellness activities including
- Trying your luck at bingo with prizes for the winners
- Snapping a photo against our Selfie backdrop
- Dancing the night away with Zumba (instruction provided for first timers)
- Getting to know your coworkers better with a Scavenger hunt and a chance to win a prize
- Showing your appreciation to colleagues with written thank you notes, and self-reflecting in Gratitude Journals
And more fun surprises are still being planned. This appreciation event is about reminding us how fortunate we are to work with such dedicated colleagues. It’s a chance for us to relax, step away from work, and appreciate each other’s company.
Please watch for your official invitation with more event details on June 23.
Darrell Bazzell (he/him/his)
Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
The University of Texas at Austin