The purpose of this survey is to gather ideas for enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) awareness and education for all Financial and Administrative Services (FAS) staff. Confidential input will guide the EDI Committee's recommendations for learning and growth opportunities in support of fostering a workplace where everyone can choose to bring their full selves to work, feel respected and valued, and experience a sense of belonging. Creating a culture around EDI learning can encourage employees to embrace the difference among one another, facilitate positive interactions, and reduce bias, prejudice, and discrimination--all of which contribute to a better employee experience and the portfolio's growth.
Timeline and Deliverables
Updates and results will be shared on this website, as well as through the FAS Diversity News.
Pre-Survey Phase: June 2 - August 27, 2021
- The FAS EDI Committee developed questions for the FAS EDI Learning Survey with consultation from Institutional Reporting, Research, and Information Systems (IRRIS), Learning and Development, and FAS Leadership.
- The survey was built and tested in Qualtrics, as well as distributed in paper form. FAS’s contracted translation service provided versions in seven languages: Arabic, English, Kinyarwanda, Persian, Spanish, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
Survey Phase: September 2 - 25, 2021
- The survey was available for approximately three weeks. Both the initial email invitation and a follow-up reminder were also shared in the seven languages.
- Members of the EDI Committee promoted the survey at various departmental and FAS-wide meetings. FAS staff in various units helped spread the word via other methods.
Post-Survey Phase: October 2021 - January 2022
- FAS is partnering with IRRIS to interpret, analyze, and visualize survey responses. IRRIS anticipates providing results by November 30, 2021.
- The EDI Committee will coordinate with FAS Communications to identify user-friendly methods to showcase the report in narrative, interactive, and graphical formats. Reports will be available in the multiple languages in which the survey was offered.
- The FAS EDI Committee will discuss outcomes with FAS Leadership and identify implementation priorities.
- Early in the Spring 2022 semester, high-level results will be ready to share with the portfolio.